Firstly, note that the Northstar client is only available on PC and requires you to both own the game and have it installed.
- 2.Copy all the files in the newly downloaded zip folder to your
Titanfall2folder.The location of the
Titanfall2folder can vary depending on whether you purchased the game off Steam or Origin, and if you set a custom folder for game installs.
- For Steam - Right click Titanfall 2 > Open Properties > Click Local Files > Click Browse Usually:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Titanfall2
- For Origin - To find the location of your Origin library go to Origin -> Application Settings -> Installs & Saves -> On your Computer -> Game Library Location Go to the directory mentioned there using File Explorer and open the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2
- For EA App - To find the location of your EA library go to Settings -> Download Go to the directory under "Install location" using File Explorer and open the
Titanfall2folder. ⚠️ The default location
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Titanfall2is not writeable by non-admin processes. If you installed Titanfall2 in the default location using EA App, please move the install to a different location.
NorthstarLauncher.exeto start Northstar
- After launching for the first time, you'll be greeted with a popup requesting to authenticate to the master server. Click Yes (This can be changed in the mods menu later if desired)
- 4.Select Launch Northstar
- 5.From the multiplayer menu, you can use the server browser to select and join any of the public community hosted servers.
Should you notice any issues/warnings/errors while running Northstar, check the troubleshooting page.
To update, simply follow the same process you used to install Northstar using the newest zipped release of Northstar. When copying the new files make sure to select "Overwrite". Note that if you modified some files like
ns_startup_args.txt, these will also be overwritten. If you want to keep the changes you made make sure to make a copy of these files beforehand and change them back after applying the update.